Sunday, December 12, 2010

free write (review of memento)

Just like every week we have a free write, I never know what to write about. So I’ll just do what I always do and review a movie. Since that was once our blog topic, I figure it is appropriate enough to blog about. I am going to review a movie called Memento. This movie is my favourite psychological thriller that I have ever seen. The movie is about a man whose wife is killed. The man is on an endless hunt to catch and kill who is responsible. However, the man suffers from short term memory loss which makes tracking down the killer very hard. In order to remember information, he takes Polaroid pictures of people and places and adds a short description to remember who they are. For very important information, he has it tattooed to his body. The movie begins at what is portrayed as the end of the story. Throughout the entire movie, it shows what steps were made to reach that point in the story. The plot works backwards in this sense. The movie is full of interesting twists that will keep you guessing until the end. In fact, the end of the movie reveals a secret that you will never see coming. I was blind sighted by the outcome of the movie and it was a very well thought out plot. This movie is nothing short of brilliant. This is a type of movie in which you must focus on the development to understand how it actually happened, but if you can concentrate to the end, the outcome proves to be very worth it. I have not met anyone who has watched this movie and not liked it. It was easily the best movie of the year (2000). I give this movie 9.5 stars out of 10.   

No comments:

Post a Comment