Monday, October 11, 2010

Review of Donnie Darko

I recently saw the psychological thriller, Donnie Darko. The movie, directed by Richard Kelly, is about a troubled teenage boy who discovers the secrets of time travel while trying to avoid a menacing, seven foot tall, doomsday prophesying rabbit. While the description may sound strange, this movie was an amazing piece of cinema. This movie will keep you guessing not only to the end of the movie, but even for a while after watching it. This movie has makes you really think about life and predetermination. If you have never seen a psychological thriller this is a great one to start with. The movie has great performances from such actors as Jake Gyllenhaal, James Duval, and the late Patrick Swayze. I fell in love with this move about three hours after watching it. That may sound strange, but this is the type of movie that makes you think for a few hours after watching it. In fact, I did not really understand it fully until I researched the movie on Wikipedia to try and understand what I watched. After the first time I watched the movie, I did not declare it my favorite. I did like it a lot, but it was not my favorite. However, when I watched it a second time I began to understand it more and it became my favorite movie. I like it more and more every time I watch it. It is because of this movie that I have gotten in to watching more psychological thrillers. I saw this movie about a year ago and it is still my favorite movie. While some people do not like the movie as much as I do, I believe that once they understand It their opinion will change. On a scale of one to ten I would give Donnie Darko nine and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment